'There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.'
Sherlock Holmes Quote -The Bascombe Valley Mystery
Data-Collection and Data-Production in Migration Research
The annual DAMR fall meeting of 2014 took place on Friday 14 November at the Radboud University Nijmegen.
- 9.45- 10.45 DAMR board meeting
- 10.45-11.00 Registration with coffee/tea
- 11.00-11.30 Key note speech Geertje Mak (History, Nijmegen)
'Fabricating Migrants. Techniques, practices and materialities in the historical production of categories of migrants.'
- 11.30-12.15 Liesbeth Rosen Jacobson (History, Leiden)/respondent Geertje Mak
'Complementary sources in multidisciplinary comparative research: how to maintain balance?'
- 12.15-12.30 Discussion
- 12.30-13.30 Lunch
- 13.30-14.15 Tamara Last (Migration Studies/Law, VU Amsterdam) /respondent Iris Sportel (Anthropology/Law, Nijmegen)
'Methodological challenges of counting and accounting for deceased irregular migrants along the southern borders of the EU.'
- 14.15-14.30 Discussion
- 14.30-15.00 Carolus Grütters (Law, Nijmegen)
- 15.00-15.15 Coffee/tea
- 15.15-16.00 Ralph Severijns (Law, Nijmegen/respondent Joanne van der Leun)
'Discretion in fact finding.'
- 16.00-16.15 Discussion
- 16.15-16.45 Key note speech Joanne van der Leun (Law, Leiden)
'Myths, facts and methodology.'
- 16.45 Closing and drinks